|“||Warface is a free-to-play class-based first person shooter, featuring fast paced action, team driven Co-op and Versus gameplay and immersive visuals powered by the CryENGINE 3 Game engine.||”|
Warface provides gamers with a constantly updated extensive PvE universe full of dramatic multiplayer co-op missions, a full set of class based PVP, and is available internationally on the PC as an Open Beta. Warface is supported by a free-to-play business model.
Warface was developed by Crytek Kiev with the help of Tencent. On 2019, the developers of Warface left Crytek Kiev to form an independent development company, Blackwood Games, which will take over all further development of Warface.
The Russian version is the Main Server of Warface.
The developers leaving Crytek to form Blackwood Games caused contract issues for Warface Brazil and Warface Vietnam and they will no longer be updated. These servers use the October 2018 version of the game.
Types of CombatEdit
Versus:Warface's Player-Versus-Player; Players have 5 different classes to choose from, and can engage in a multitude of game types, such as the typical Team Deathmatch, Plant The Bomb, Free For All, Storm, and more. The Player / Team must complete the given objectives in order to come out as victorious over the other Players / Team. These objectives differ depending on game type.
A team of up to 5 Players engage in combat against the AI-driven Blackwood forces in dozens of scenarios at different levels of difficulty. These scenarios can be as simple as taking down a primary target (essentially a "Boss"), or escorting vehicles while Blackwood troops advance. New PvE Missions are added in daily, ensuring that Players stay entertained even after they beat the previous missions.
The bread-and-butter of any squad, the Rifleman excels at medium range, out of reach for Engineers and Medics, and too close-range for Snipers. Typical Rifleman guns consist of Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles, Carbines, and others.
The Engineer is more mobile and close-range than the Rifleman, and as such is equipped primarily with SMGs and other fast rate-of-fire guns. These SMGs are devastating at close range, but lose their power over distance, thus putting the Engineer at a closer engagement range than the Rifleman.
A specialty class dedicated to keeping the team alive and in good shape. While not quite suited for 1v1 combat, Medics are equipped with shotguns that are absolutely destructive at close range.
A class with unsurpassed armor that is ideal for players preferring a class for "tank"-oriented tactics. Has the ability to perform co-op climbs alone, as well as the inability to be knocked down.
Game Partners, Game Status, Licensing, and other AttributesEdit
Blackwood Games does not manage the game servers themselves, and instead Warface is being licensed to a few companies around the world to make the game available. Likewise, these companies do not have identical versions of Warface and all are currently in Open Beta.
- Mail.Ru - Publisher of Warface Russia. Main server of Warface.
- My.com - publisher for Warface West after February 1, 2017. Renamed to Warface International on July 1, 2020.
- Level Up! Interactive - Warface publisher in Brazil. Uses the October 2018 version of the game.
- GoPlay - Online game publisher in Vietnam. Warface Vietnam was closed on July 19, 2020.
- Gface - publisher for Warface Turkey. Originally published Warface West as well but stopped on February 1, 2017. Warface Turkey was closed on February 15, 2019.
- Netplay - Warface publisher for Warface Thailand. Warface Thailand was closed on April 12, 2018.
- Nexon - Warface publisher in charge of distribution in South Korea. Warface Korea was closed on November 27, 2014.
- Tencent - Co-producers of Warface that released Warface in China. The first server of Warface, released in 2011. Warface China was closed on June 18, 2015.