|“||Warface is a free-to-play class-based first person shooter, featuring fast paced action, team driven Co-op and Versus gameplay and immersive visuals powered by the CryENGINE 3 Game engine.||”|
Warface provides gamers with a constantly updated extensive PvE universe full of dramatic multiplayer co-op missions, a full set of class based PVP, and is available internationally on the PC as an Open Beta. Warface is supported by a free-to-play business model.
The Russian version is the Main Server of Warface.It supports the base of the other servers, such as the weapon balance.
Types of CombatEdit
Versus:Warface's Player-Versus-Player; Players have 4 different classes to choose from, and can engage in a multitude of game types, such as the typical Team Deathmatch, Plant The Bomb, Free For All, Storm, and more. The Player / Team must complete the given objectives in order to come out as victorious over the other Players / Team. These objectives differ depending on game type.
A team of up to 5 Players engage in combat against the AI-driven Blackwood forces in dozens of scenarios at different levels of difficulty. These scenarios can be as simple as taking down a primary target (essentially a "Boss"), or escorting vehicles while Blackwood troops advance. New PvE Missions are added in daily, ensuring that Players stay entertained even after they beat the previous missions.
The bread-and-butter of any squad, the Rifleman excels at medium range, out of reach for Engineers and Medics, and too close-range for Snipers. Typical Rifleman guns consist of Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles, Carbines, and others.
The Engineer is more mobile and close-range than the Rifleman, and as such is equipped primarily with SMGs and other fast rate-of-fire guns. These SMGs are devastating at close range, but lose their power over distance, thus putting the Engineer at a closer engagement range than the Rifleman.
A specialty class dedicated to keeping the team alive and in good shape. While not quite suited for 1v1 combat, Medics are equipped with shotguns that are absolutely destructive at close range.
Game Partners, Game Status, Licensing, and other AttributesEdit
Crytek does not manage the game servers themselves, and instead Warface is being licensed to a few companies around the world to make the game available. Likewise, these companies do not have identical versions of Warface and all are currently in Open Beta.
- Mail.Ru - Publisher of Warface Russia. Main server of Warface.
- Level Up! Interactive - Warface publisher in Brazil.
- GoPlay - Online game publisher in Vietnam.
- My.com - publisher for Warface West after February 1st, 2017.
- Gface - publisher for Warface Turkey. Originally published Warface West as well but stopped on February 1st, 2017. Warface Turkey was closed on February 15th, 2019.
- Netplay - Warface publisher for Warface Thailand. The operation was stopped on April 12th, 2018.
- Nexon - Warface publisher in charge of distribution in South Korea. The operation was stopped on November 27th, 2014.
- Tencent - Co-producers of Warface that released Warface in China. The operation was stopped on June 18th, 2015.